Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Forum di cartomanzia

IndiceIndice  Ultime immaginiUltime immagini  RegistratiRegistrati  AccediAccedi  

The Lucky 13 (Kapherus)

Andare in basso 
AutoreMessaggio
Mizar

Mizar

The Lucky 13 (Kapherus) Empty
MessaggioTitolo: The Lucky 13 (Kapherus)   The Lucky 13 (Kapherus) EmptyVen Ott 28, 2022 1:36 pm

The Lucky 13 Spread
Posted by Cardseer on December 26, 2007

The Lucky 13 Spread is one of the first layouts I learned to use.  Although It seems simple at first glance,  this spread will really test your ability to put the cards together into a meaningful sequence beyond the simple groupings of  2 or 3 cards.  Another challenging aspect of The Lucky 13 Spread is that traditionally no question is asked before drawing the cards, so there is no real focus or obvious jumping off point for the reading.  If you’re a complete beginner, I would suggest that you hold off until you’re comfortable with some of the more structured spreads before tackling this one.

The Lucky 13 Spread requires you to choose a significator card to represent the person being read.  The traditional Court Cards designated for this layout are as follows:

K♥ = Fair-haired man over 40 years old.
Q♥ = Woman of any age, blond or red hair.
J♥ = Fair-haired male up to age 40.
K♣ = Dark-haired man over 40 years old.
Q♣ = Woman of any age with dark hair.
J♣ = Dark-haired male up to age 40.
You’ll notice that the Spades and Diamonds are not used as significators in The Lucky 13 Spread.  I’m not sure why exactly.  This is the way this layout was taught to me, and I’ve always done it this way.  Use your best judgment when choosing your significator.  For example, a 32 year old man with dirty blond hair would be represented by the J♥.  A gray-haired woman would be represented by the Q♥.

If you have your own method of choosing a significator that works for you, go ahead and use it.  Always remember that the instructions on this site are meant to be guidelines only.  The more of yourself that you put into your readings, the better your readings will be.

Method For Shuffle and Deal:

01-02-03-13
04-05-06
07-08-09
10-11-12

Remove the significator card representing the querent, and ask the querent to shuffle the remaining 51 cards until satisfied.
Spread the cards face down on the table, and ask the querent to choose 12 cards at random without looking at them.
Slip the significator into the 12 card pile, and ask the querent to shuffle the 13 cards  until satisfied.
Holding the pile face down, flip and lay down the first 12 cards face up according to the diagram above.  The 13th card is laid on the table face down.
Method For Reading the Spread:

Beginning with the row on the left, read the cards from top to bottom to tell a story.   Then read the middle row, and finally the row on the right.  The rows are read down only, and may be read together or separately depending on the information. All three rows may  relate to one situation, or they could cover several different issues.  Sometimes a story will continue from the final card of one row to the beginning card of the next row.

There are no set positions for past, present or future.  In other words, any or all of rows may relate to the past, present or future.  That’s what makes The Lucky 13 Spread a little tricky, but practicing with this layout will jump start your psychic connection to the cards.

Pay special attention to the row containing the significator because the cards in that row will carry the most influence, and will indicate something important the querent is experiencing now, or will encounter just around the next corner.

The 13th card is turned over and read last. It represents a surprise or unexpected event.

If the significator card falls in the 13th spot, it is considered very lucky.  It indicates that the querent will come out on top in any situation covered in the reading, regardless of how difficult or challenging.

The secret to interpreting this spread is to look for key cards.  For example, if the 8♣ appears in one of the rows, you know that row will deal with what the querent does for a living, or it may reveal changes in the work situation. If the 9♥ appears, the row would deal with something the querent wants or hopes for.  The 10♠ would show what the querent is worried or fearful about.

I haven’t used this layout in a while, but I’m sure I must have an example or two or three in my journals.  If not, I’ll put together and post a sample reading using The Lucky 13 Spread in the next few days.

Happy Reading!

Kapherus

The Lucky 13 Spread – Paternity Test Vacation
Posted by Cardseer on December 28, 2007

I was able to find an old reading I did several years ago using The Lucky 13 Spread.  The reason I stopped using this spread was because I always like to end my readings on a positive note. The name of this layout is a bit of a misnomer.   When the 13th card turns out to be a nasty spade, the querent may be left with a bad last impression of the layout, which can negatively influence the querent’s perceptions of rest of the reading.  So keep in mind that the 13th card can be very lucky, but it can also represent an unhappy surprise or unexpected misfortune.

This sample is from an actual reading I did for a male querent in his early 40′s with dark brown hair at a charity benefit in 1998.  I chose the K♣ to represent this querent.  No question was asked aloud before the querent drew these cards, although I did ask him to silently focus on something he wanted to know about while shuffling the cards.

For specific information on how to shuffle, deal and interpret this layout, please see my post titled The Lucky 13 Spread.

The Layout:
The Lucky 13 (Kapherus) 645184  The Lucky 13 (Kapherus) 76329   The Lucky 13 (Kapherus) 112479  The Lucky 13 (Kapherus) 486795
The Lucky 13 (Kapherus) 934587  The Lucky 13 (Kapherus) 299119  The Lucky 13 (Kapherus) 339928
The Lucky 13 (Kapherus) 383832  The Lucky 13 (Kapherus) 806383  The Lucky 13 (Kapherus) 82609
The Lucky 13 (Kapherus) 196393  The Lucky 13 (Kapherus) 807250  The Lucky 13 (Kapherus) 614643

The Interpretation:¹

1st Row:  The K♥ (fatherhood) + 2♥ (child) suggests paternity.  The 3♠ represents confusion, and it can also signify a test or exam.  The Spade on Heart indicates hurt feelings, and the 5♣ shows the querent taking some kind of physical action.

2nd Row:  Continuing with the story, the 7♠ shows frustration or a lack of forward movement.  It indicates that something is holding the querent back from taking action, and he’s feeling frustrated about it.  The 9♥ indicates that he wants to do something, but the 10♠ shows that he’s worried or afraid to satisfy the desire.  The 9♦ indicates that someone else’s needs and desires must also be taken into account here.

At this point the querent began to fill me in on the situation.  He was recently remarried, and he had two young children from his first marriage.  He and his new wife had been trying to get pregnant with no luck.  When the querent was tested, it was determined that he had very low sperm count, and probably could not conceive a child.  The condition was thought to be chronic, and because the divorce had been the result of the ex-wife’s repeated infidelities, that immediately brought into question the paternity of his two children with his first wife.  Apparently the wife’s genes had dominated in the children’s physical make up.

The querent wanted to initiate a paternity test, but he was concerned about upsetting the children, and causing further difficulties with the ex-wife. (Paternity testing was not as simple a matter back then as it is today)  He believed that he could not love them any less, or feel any less responsible for them if it turned out they were not biologically his, but he was also struggling with the need to know the truth.

3rd Row:  The Key Card in this row is the 10♣ representing a trip, or a business deal, so we know that this row begins a new story.  These cards show the querent taking a long distance (2 10′s in the spread) trip by car to somewhere near the water (both 10′s represent water).  The 2♦ denotes a financial gift, and the 7♦ indicates some kind of reward.   These cards suggest an earned trip or vacation (at least the accommodations would be free since the 4♣ indicates a trip by car).

It turned out that the querent was from Chicago, and he was visiting St. Petersburg, FL (by the water) at the time of the reading.  The trip was a combination business (10♣) trip, and deserved (7♦) rest.  He drove (4♣) down to Florida, and was staying free (2♦) at a friend’s condo on the beach (10♣).

At this point, the querent asked me if I saw anything specific about his business since that was what he had focused on when he shuffled the cards.  The 10♣ is the business card, and with the 4♣ it suggests telecommunications, or transportation.  My instinct was that the querent was involved with cars, perhaps a car dealership.  The 10♣ will usually indicate owning your own business (the 8♣ denotes working for someone else), so more likely the querent owned his own car lot.  The 7♦ indicates that the business is doing very well, and that the querent was considering a bank loan or some financial assistance (2♦) to support future success (double Diamonds).

The querent was in fact a limousine driver who owned his own car, and worked for himself (10♣ + 4♣).  He was looking to expand his business (7♦), and was in Florida negotiating a deal (2♦ indicates a financial partnership) with a limousine service in the Tampa Bay area.

13th Card:  I was pleased when I didn’t see the significator card in any of the rows because I knew that meant it was hidden in spot 13.  When the significator appears as the 13th card, it indicates that the querent is experiencing a period of good luck.  The right people and events are falling into place to ensure that all of the querent’s needs are met, and all his endeavors are successful.  It was clear that the business would continue to prosper, and that the business transaction would be settled to the querent’s benefit.

The 13th card also indicated that the paternity test was not going to be the problem the querent expected it to be.  He asked me flat out if the cards could determine whether or not his children were biologically his.  Following the 3♠ (card of confusion), the 5♣ suddenly suggested to me they were in fact his biological children.  The 5♣ will sometime indicate the querent himself (the number 5 relates to the human body, and the Suit of Clubs denotes something physical).  My gut told me that the 5♣ showed that he was a physical (biological) part of producing the children.  I told him that the cards said the children were biologically his, which was also confirmed by the K♣ (significator) falling in the 13th spot.

I never heard from the querent after the reading, so I have no idea if he ever went through with the paternity test, or how his business transaction turned out.  I like to think that he decided to skip the test, and he is happy and prosperous today.

¹ This post includes the basic interpretations of this layout.  There are also many subtleties here that were included in the reading, but would require another thousand words to relate here.  As a practical exercise, see what else you can pull from these cards, and I’d be happy to help with any questions or comments.  Kapherus.

The Lucky 13 Spread – A Technical Approach
Posted by Cardseer on January 4, 2008

The Lucky 13 Spread has generated a lot of interest, and also many questions. I thought it might be helpful to post another sample reading, and approach it from a more technical perspective.

This layout is from an actual reading for an older woman with silver hair, so I chose the Q♥ to represent her. Let’s jump right in, and I’ll take you step by step through the process of how I approached this layout.

To avoid confusion, and for the sake of saving time and space, I’m only going to address the most obvious interpretations for this layout. If you are interested, you’ll be able to pick up on many subtleties that were included in the original reading which lasted a full half hour.

The Lucky 13 (Kapherus) 112479 The Lucky 13 (Kapherus) 806383 The Lucky 13 (Kapherus) 597826 The Lucky 13 (Kapherus) 76329
The Lucky 13 (Kapherus) 600526 The Lucky 13 (Kapherus) 206380 The Lucky 13 (Kapherus) 955217
The Lucky 13 (Kapherus) 71342 The Lucky 13 (Kapherus) 614334 The Lucky 13 (Kapherus) 470856
The Lucky 13 (Kapherus) 360720 The Lucky 13 (Kapherus) 383832 The Lucky 13 (Kapherus) 74778

General Trends:

First I scanned the overall layout to look for multiples of suit or number, and for any key cards that catch my attention. Remember, at this point the card is spot 13 (7♣) is face down, so I don’t know what it there. I know it’s not the significator card because she appears in the first row. So I know this first row would represent what is most important to the querent, or is her main focus, at the present time.

The cluster of Spades in the 2nd row show some serious problems, but because the significator does not fall there, it’s either something she is not aware of yet, or it’s something she’s detached herself from.

The double 10s show travel, and the three 7s indicate surprises and changes in almost every area of the querent’s life, as well as the opportunity for spiritual growth. The double 3s also support the idea of spiritual growth, and the ability to express herself more freely.

Two of the rows end in Hearts, and only one ends in a Spade. This shows that the querent maintains a positive outlook regardless of the problems that appear in the layout.

First Row:

I always begin with the first row because the storyline may connect with the subsequent rows. The first thing I look for is a key card to provide a focus for the row. In the first row we find two key cards: 10♣ which represents a trip, and the 4♥ which represents the querent’s marriage or marriage partner. The Q♥ as significator can also be read as a key card, and she represents that this row is of primary interest to the querent.

Let’s start first by using the 10♣ as the key card. A trip (10♣) with the marriage partner (4♥) is being mutually planned (3♣ between husband and wife) that is important to the querent (significator card). The trip is probably to a romantic location (Heart falls last), and it may be to celebrate their anniversary (10♣ + 4♥). The couple is traveling out of state (two 10s) and most likely somewhere by the water (10♣). It could even be a cruise since the 10♠ can represent the ocean. The querent is very excited, and she is looking forward to the trip (Q♥ falls last).

Now let’s look at the 4♥ as the key card. The 4♥ is surrounded by Clubs indicating a working partnership. The 10♣ would indicate a business deal, and the 3♣ indicates an investment of the querent’s time and effort, and taking the first steps toward future growth. The 4♥ can also be read as the querent’s husband, and the 3♣ falling between the two of them could indicate that they will be starting up a new business together. The Heart ending the row would indicate something artistic or creative that the querent is very excited about, and would show no problems with getting the business off the ground.

2nd Row:

In the 2nd row, the key card that draws my attention is the 6♥ which can represent a male loved one, or a relationship. The 6♥ is surrounded by Spades indicating difficult problems, and since we already read the 4♥ to represent the husband and marriage, I would not read the 6♥ to represent a relationship. When reading for an older woman, the 6♥ is usually a son or grandson. Since this key card does not relate back to the information in the first row, I would read this row as beginning a new storyline.

These cards show that the querent is concerned (10♠) about her son (6♥) who is experiencing serious problems (6♥ between two Spades). The 7♠ topped by another Spade shows substance abuse, either drugs or alcohol. The 3♠ shows lies and deceit. The son is drinking or doing drugs, and he’s lying about it. He is causing harm to himself, and to those who love him (Spades on Heart). The fact that the significator does not appear in this row would indicate that the querent is not directly influenced by these problems.

3rd Row:

For the 3rd row, the key card that jumps out at me is the K♦. These cards show a problem (9♠) for which the K♦ is providing help and assistance (2♣) in order to improve the situation (7♥). These cards do not specify the problem, so it’s clear that they must refer back to the problems previously talked about involving the querent’s son.

These cards how the son getting professional help (K♦ + 2♣) perhaps through a government facility (K♦), and making recovering (7♥) from his addictions. The fact that the Q♥ does not appear to be directly affected by this situation could mean that the son is already in a treatment facility getting the help he needs. The 7♥ shows that he will make excellent progress toward full recovery.

Surprise:

The 7♣ in the 13th spot would indicate all kinds of unpleasant surprises, nothing drastic, but a lot of little things going wrong. The querent will have her hands full. In a general sense, the 7♣ means fixing something, and so the querent will find herself continuously having to repair unexpected leaks and cracks in her life.

This card can refer specifically back to the information in the previous rows, and would show unexpected delays with the trip, unforeseen complications with the business, and a minor set back with the son’s recovery. These problem will cause some unpleasantness, but they won’t be devastating. For example, if the 7♠ fell in this spot, it would show major delays and reversals.

I have purposely left off feed back for this example so that you can use it as an exercise if you’d like to pull more specific information from this reading. As always, I’m happy to help with any questions or comments.

Happy Reading!
Kapherus
Torna in alto Andare in basso

The Lucky 13 (Kapherus)
Pagina 1 di 1